Friday 21 March 2014

Music for my 2 minute opening film 21st Mar

Readers,

Last week I started looking at music for my opening 2 minute film. I saw how much music contributes to the film and how the viewers emotions can be effected by the music used. I looked at my chosen genre (Horror/Thriller) and saw that the music must fit with the genre you are filming for and not suddenly change to something that doesn't fit.

I have started to compose my music today using Garageband. I have watched my film without any music and then have added in music that is appropriate to the scenes being shown.

Here are my music ideas being put into place while having the film played alongside. To create the motif music for my stalker I will be using dissonance. This is when two or more notes clash together to make an uncomfortable sound. This is usually used in films when something bad/scary is coming to build up the tension of the scene. I will be using Augmented 4ths e.g. C and F sharp. I will use this motif when the stalker is on the screen, and when he walks/runs away I will resolve the augmented 4th so that the music has a sense of relief that the danger has gone. I was influenced by Jaws' music when the shark is coming for the next victim. The use of a minor 2nd (E and F) portrays the terror that this shark can inflict on other humans. I wanted to take this very simple idea but develop and change it into my own work for my movie.

I will be handing in my final film with the music on this coming friday, it will be then put up on to my blog for you to watch and comment.  




Please COMMENT!! Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment